Over the years, there are many studies conducted on the beneficial effect of fish oil:
On heart, it may help in:
• Lowering triglycerides level
• Lowering the risk of heart diseases
• Delaying the buildup development of atherosclerotic plaques, called hardening of in the arteries
On joint mobility, it may help in:
• Decreasing inflammation by increasing some anti-inflammatory markers such as IL-10, TGF beta
• Decreasing the progression of osteoarthritis by decreasing both the destruction and inflammatory aspects of cartilage cell metabolism.
• Decreasing the risk of bone marrow lesions
• Decrease the symptoms of morning stiffness, tender or swollen joints and joint pain
For those looking to increase their triomega® intake, the following foods are recommended:
• Cod fish
Triomega® rich foods and supplements are recommended for:
• People who are more susceptible to bone loss and osteoporosis, like senior citizens and parents
• People who are atheletic
• White collar employees
• Employees who have high intensity workload
American Heart Association: Fish 101. Website accessed on the 07th of May 2015:
1. Liperoti R et al, Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and depression: a review of the evidence, Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15(36):4165-72.
2. Zainal Z et al, Relative efficacies of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in reducing expression of key proteins in a model system for studying osteoarthritis, Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2009;17(7):896-905.
3. Ferrucci L et al, Relationship of plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids to circulating inflammatory markers, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006;91(2):439-46.
4. Watkins BA et al, Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and skeletal health, Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2001;226(6):485-97.
5. Philip C Calder, n−3 Polyunsaturated fatty acids, inflammation, and inflammatory diseases, Am J Clin Nutr 2006;83(6): S1505-1519S.
6. Curtis CL et al, n-3 fatty acids specifically modulate catabolic factors involved in articular cartilage degradation, Biol Chem 2000;275(2):721-4.
7. Saynor et.al (1984), Atheroscierosis 50, P. 3 – 10
8. Dolecek TA, Grandits G., Dietary Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Mortality in The Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial. World Rev. Nutr. Diet 1991; 66, 205-16.
9. Shekelle, R. B., Fish Consumption and The 30 Years Risk of Fatal Myocardial Infarction. N. Eng. J. Med. 1997; 336: 1046 – 1053
Did you know ?
To increase joint mobility:
• Consider taking Triomega® together with Glucosamine
• Eat an anti-inflammatory diet loaded with colorful fruits and vegetables
• Try low impact activity like swimming, stationary cycling until your joints feel better