This website has not been optimized with Internet Explorer version 8 (IE 8). We suggest you upgrade to a more recent version of Internet Explorer to receive the best experience on this site.
While you can’t get away from the importance of eating a healthy, balanced diet, between putting the hours in at work and the gym, it’s sometimes easier said than done. A great way to ensure you cover your nutritional bases is to take a multivitamin. So what are the best vitamins for men?
Magnesium is a mineral found in a wide variety of foods including green leafy vegetables, nuts, whole grains, fish, meat and dairy products. It helps turn the food we eat into energy and is also important for bone health (magnesium helps certain glands which produce hormones for bone health to work normally). The daily recommended amount for men is 375mg.1
Vitamin B12 is involved in making red blood cells and keeping the nervous system healthy. Like magnesium it helps to release the energy from the food we eat.
Because you can find it in meat, salmon, cod, milk, cheese and eggs (as well as some fortified breakfast cereals), vegans in particular need to ensure their intake. The daily recommended amount for men is 2.5mcg.2
Vitamin A is also known as retinol. It has several important functions including helping the immune system and maintaining normal vision. Good natural sources are cheese, eggs, oily fish and milk and yoghurt. The daily recommended amount for men is 800mcg.3
Vitamin K is found in green leafy vegetable, vegetable oils and cereal grains. Vitamin K that is not needed immediately by the body is stored in your liver. Vitamin K is needed for blood clotting and contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. Adults need approximately 0.001mg a day of vitamin K for each kilogram of their body weight. For example, someone who weighs 65kg would need 75mcg a day.4
Vitamin C cannot be stored in your body so you need it in your diet every day. Good sources are citrus fruits, peppers and berries. It helps to protect cells from oxidative stress (an antioxidant) and keeps them healthy as well as maintaining healthy cartilage tissue. It also contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of gums, skin and teeth. The NHS recommends that adults need 80mg a day.5
Thiamin is also known as vitamin B1. It works with other B vitamins to release energy from food as well as normal function of the nervous system. You can find thiamin in most foods including vegetables, eggs, fresh and dried fruit and wholegrain breads.
The daily recommended amount for men is 1.1mg.6
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) contributes to maintaining skin, eyes and normal function of the nervous system as well as helping to release energy from the food we eat. Good sources are milk, eggs, fortified breakfast cereals and rice and men require 1.4mg a day.7
Seven Seas Perfect7 Man is a blend of Natural Source Marine Oil with Omega-3 plus
essential multivitamins and minerals. The formula can be effectively absorbed to
support you from the inside as you get older.
Perfect7 Man has been scientifically designed to support:
· Energy - Magnesium contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
· Muscle - Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
· Heart - EPA & DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart*
· Brain - DHA contributes to normal brain function**
· Bones – Vitamin D and calcium is needed for the maintenance of normal bones
· Vision - Vitamin B2 contributes to maintenance of normal vision
· Metabolism - Vitamins B6 & B12 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism
*The beneficial effect for the heart is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg DHA/EPA
**The beneficial effect for brain function is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA
Seven Seas Perfect7 Prime Man is a blend of Natural Source Marine Oil with
Omega-3 and Ginkgo Biloba, plus zinc which helps maintain normal cognitive function and the maintenance of normal bones.
Perfect7 Prime Man has been scientifically designed to support:
· Cognitive Function - Zinc contributes to normal cognitive function
· Heart - EPA & DHA contribute to normal function of the heart†
· Vision - DHA contributes to maintenance of normal vision**
· Bones - Zinc contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
· Energy - Folic Acid contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
· Metabolism - Vitamin B12 contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
· Immunity - Selenium contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
†The beneficial effect for the heart is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg
**The beneficial effect of vision is obtained with a daily intake of 250 mg of DHA