These veggie burgers are packed with the best vegetable sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, edamame beans, walnuts and cannellini beans are all excellent sources of the omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid. They are high in protein and many vitamins and minerals.
These tasty veggie burgers are baked in the oven and then browned by shallow frying.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Place the beans, onion, garlic, rice, walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, edamame beans, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and olives into a food processor and blend. You may need to add a splash of water to the mixture
3. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl
4. Stir in the cheese, egg and vegetable bouillon
5.Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour
6. Divide the mixture into 12 burgers and arrange on a baking tray
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn half way through